Easy and Delicious Healthy Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat or never bleached white flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups Coconut Milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I use pure vanilla extract that I make my self)
In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a blender stir milk and egg together.
- Add Vanilla and Coconut Oil
Add flour mixture. Mix well in a blender
Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat. I oil my Cast Iron Griddle
with coconut oil
Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. I use Pampered Chef large scoop
Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- I also like to add either few chocolate chips directly to the cooking pancakes or some blueberries.
This recipe makes about 12 Pancakes but when I make it I usually double or triple the recipe so I can freeze it for later. If you are planning to triple the recipe it won’t fit in your blender. I just use a mixer instead. I am however able to fit a double batch in my KitchenAid Architect series Blender.